He is able to accomplish infinitly more than we would ever dare to ask or hope... Ephesians 3:20. I want my life to be a reflection of Him, covered in his fingerprints and to surrendered to his extravagant plan.

Monday, March 15, 2010

The Drums!

This past Thursday we were back in the studio recording the final drum tracks for 'Ocean'. After setting up and tearing down the drum set three times we were finally ready to go. I was pretty excited when I learned that the drums we were using were the same ones that Barlow Girl used last time they played a show here in town :) The guy on drums is a friend of mine who's 15 named Gabe Reasoner. He amazes me.. I don't think I'm coordinated enough to ever be as good of a drummer as he is (or a drummer at all)! Singing and playing guitar is about as complex as I get.. even talking while I play confuses me.. haha. He did an incredible job though!


Several weeks ago I went in and recorded my scratch tracks of all five songs, which basically is just a rough recording of me and the guitar set to a click track (to keep it in time). This is what Gabe listened to to record the drums. We just locked him up in the recording room and didn't let him out until he was done :)


For the song "Oceans" I asked a friend of mine, Thad Joyce to play the djembe, which is an African style drum. I LOVE the sound of it!!! Every time I listen to it I'm back in Africa, which makes me smile.


I would say that overall it went really smoothly. We probably spent 4 hours in the studio. I didn't have to do anything so I enjoyed just hanging out with my friend Caitlyn and eating dried mangos and jelly beans and watching as the songs took on a brand new life and heartbeat.













No comments:

Post a Comment