He is able to accomplish infinitly more than we would ever dare to ask or hope... Ephesians 3:20. I want my life to be a reflection of Him, covered in his fingerprints and to surrendered to his extravagant plan.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Recording 101

Ok, so most of you know that I'm recording a CD right now and I've been getting a lot of questions about it.. so I decided that I'm going to start blogging about it! It's funny because most people will ask me how it works, like the process it's self, and to be completely honest, I really don't know! So, I just thought it would be fun to let you in on the journey as I learn the ropes and experience the process myself. Thankfully I have lots of people helping me out and showing me what's going on, otherwise I wouldn't even have known where to start. This has been a goal of mine for a REALLY long time and to see it coming about it really exciting for me! I feel so blessed to have all of the people involved with this by my side, and there are so many others that have played a part in this that don't even know it! The encouragement, guidance, and inspiration I've received from all of you is a huge part in making this CD possible. Actually, it's not really a CD, it's more of an EP, which stands for 'extended play'. EPs or typically 20-30 min. long verses a CD which is longer. I'm recording 5 songs so really it's an EP, but since most people don't know what that means ( I admit, I had to look this up on google..lol), I'm just going to call it a CD.

I'm calling this project 'Oceans' after the song I wrote after retuning from Africa this summer. I'm planning on making that the theme. In a way, this is my way of remembering them and keeping the memories of the people I met there alive. One thing they asked us when we left was to remember them, and in a small way, this in how I'm going to do that. Hopefully it will be done in time to get some copies to my friends from Mozambique this summer!

Ok, that's all for now.. I'm heading out the door to the studio! We're recording drums today!!! I'm pretty excited about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment