He is able to accomplish infinitly more than we would ever dare to ask or hope... Ephesians 3:20. I want my life to be a reflection of Him, covered in his fingerprints and to surrendered to his extravagant plan.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pushing Myself

I have NEVER been a morning person. Getting me out of bed is a miracle each day! Once I'm up and moving around I'm totally fine, but those first few moments are not pretty and it's those few moments that I dread and which seem to have so much power over me. It's those few moments of misery that cause me to sleep my day away and miss out. I think that the real issue is not so much that I'm not a morning person as much as it is that I'm a night person. At 21 I feel like I've finally made the connection that if I want to get up early... it's going to require a sacrifice of my night life.. haha. The remedy: 6am work our classes! When Caitlyn first mentioned it to me my first thought was... "you have got to be kidding", but then I thought about it and realized that if I want to break my bad habits, I'm going to have to DO SOMETHING about it and not just talk about changing them. So I signed up. I now beat the sun to start the day... 5am on Mondays and Thursdays, and 6:30 on Tuesdays and Friday. Surprisingly, it's not as difficult as I thought it would be and it feels good to overcome the temptation to be lazy. It makes me realize that when you have a goal or a purpose that is motivating you, things become much easier to accomplish. It's so easy to let apathy steel your energy and it's been worth reclaiming. Like so many things in life it just takes a first step and a little pushing through.

No comments:

Post a Comment