He is able to accomplish infinitly more than we would ever dare to ask or hope... Ephesians 3:20. I want my life to be a reflection of Him, covered in his fingerprints and to surrendered to his extravagant plan.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Project Life Walk

Hello from Africa!  I feel really bad that I haven't posted more, and this is going to have to be sort!  I am still alive and I'm doing well =)  The past week/ couple of days have been amazing!  There is so much to experience here, I love it!!  Today was really exciting because Caitlyn and I got to go on a Project Life walk.  Project Life is an out reach to the people in the community who have AIDS.  We got to walk through the village and stop by people's houses who were sick and spend time talking and praying for them.  We didn't have  a translator this morning so it made it a little difficult but it was still really amazing just to be able to watch.  I was able to pray for some people, the first being a little boy who was probably two years old.  I don't really know what was wrong with him but his swollen belly and tired eyes made it obvious that he wasn't feeling well.  The father put him in my arms as we were leaving.  I couldn't help but wonder if he was scared.  It's a helpless feeling in a way, knowing that this little life is so fragile.   I also met a woman who was recovering from malaria.  She was 5 months pregnant too.  And there was Benjamin, a man who I believe had AIDS and was struggling to walk due to bad knees.  Still, he managed to greet us warmly and to smile.  It was amazing to walk through the mud huts and grassy fields.  I tried to imagine what it must be like to live like they do here, to not have my home to return to, my family, and my health.  I've learned that we take so much for granted in America.  It's made me want to slow down and take time to be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment