He is able to accomplish infinitly more than we would ever dare to ask or hope... Ephesians 3:20. I want my life to be a reflection of Him, covered in his fingerprints and to surrendered to his extravagant plan.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Snowflakes

Photo by Caitlyn Hofmaster :)


The other day I was in Galina, Illinois with my family and Caitlyn to celebrate my birthday. We spent the afternoon walking along the quaint little streets of the adorable town, stopping to look in the windows of shops and admiring the splendor of the bright displays and Christmas decorations. As we walked along it started snowing. It was perfect, like something from a movie. The amazing thing was that as the snowflakes were falling, instead of clumping together, they were landing on the ground in perfect shapes. We noticed some that had landed on a black trash can lid making them easy to see and admire. Amazed by the intricate design and uniqueness of each one, we spent at least 10 minutes looking at them. At one point a man asked us why, of all the hundreds of stores, we were staring at the trash can. Yet, to look and see these amazing little formations of frozen water that had fallen from the sky above fascinated us. It made me so aware that God pays attention to details. The same God who created each snowflake to look exactly like it did knows my heart as well. He knows every corner of my thoughts, every hope and dream, every hurt and every disappointment. He sees the path he's laid before me, and just like the details in the snowflakes, He's crafting each and every moment of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment