He is able to accomplish infinitly more than we would ever dare to ask or hope... Ephesians 3:20. I want my life to be a reflection of Him, covered in his fingerprints and to surrendered to his extravagant plan.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Weightless

Tonight I went flying with Dad. I love spending time with him, doing what he loves and letting him show me how. It was a calm night, perfect for flying and escaping to a place high above the noise and busyness of life. I've always loved the take off. It's an amazing feeling when suddenly your no longer touching the ground and everything is slipping away, growing smaller. But more than that I think I love it because it's a feeling of total surrender, faith in something out side of your self. In that there is freedom. I have no control, I'm left with nothing but the choice to trust in what's holding me.
We flew over the Iowa sunset and watched it until there was only a little shimmer on the horizon and then as it slipped away completely, or until tomorrow when in God's perfect timing is rises again. I found as we coasted 3,000 feet up that I was calm and peaceful, the thoughts and stress of life I had left below. That is what I want for my life everyday, even when my feet are on the ground. To be completely suspended by trust, holding on to nothing that might weigh me down or cause me to doubt the one in the pilot seat. I don't want to be tied to this world or the wealth and empty promises it brings, not bearing the burden of my own selfishness or need for control.
As we turned on final I could see the pale blue and teal lights of the runway, so perfectly aligned as if they had always been there to lead us home. They reminded me of the simplicity that comes in trusting God's plan and direction when we're willing to let him be the pilot of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, yes, that was a perfect analogy. Thank you for the perfect simplicity of that honey.

    ReplyDelete